Friday, 13 September 2013

And Relax....


This blog is written for the #WASO, this weeks theme is relaxation.



Relaxation is not something that comes easily to me. I often find myself feeling guilty if I turn on the T.V. in the day and/or sit down for five minutes with a cuppa. However, with three children now being my full time job, I am realising that I need to find the time to chill.

It was my birthday recently and my oldest friend very kindly presented me with a gift bag full of goodies! She knows me well, I thought, as I unwrapped a pamper kit to help me unwind after a stressful day. So now once a week (at least), I am trying to get some well deserved ‘me time!’ This involves lighting a candle and sinking into a warm bath with a good book, chocolate and a glass of wine.


I also find baking helps me to relax and I get satisfaction out of sharing what I have cooked with others and hopefully seeing them enjoy it (this can be a bit hit and miss).

My children and husband are all better at relaxing than me. When they are feeling tired, they stop! My hubby enjoys watching and playing basketball and is addicted to iPhone games – I won’t name them all!

My kids love snuggling up in a fluffy blanket and sticking on a film or climbing onto our laps for a cuddle. When they are tired they go to sleep (sometimes dragging their feet, but the point is they go).

I think I could learn a lot from my family. The need to relax is so important. I know I am not at my best when I am tired so from now on I need to focus on carving out ‘me time’ and taking the time out of our busy schedule to just … relax!!

4 comments:

  1. I too find it hard to relax. Even if I look like I'm relaxing I'm writing lists in my head! Chocolate does help me too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment Lindsay - chocolate is def the way forward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dreadful at relaxing too, and so is OB! He rarely sits down for a moment when he's awake and is quite full on but, thankfully, he does still nap in the afternoon, so if I can I make full use of the downtimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, thanks for your comment. I love nap time too.. Time to yourself ��!!

    ReplyDelete